Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sonoran Desert Museum..Goodbye for now

Howdee all,

I am always trigger happy when I go to the Desert Museum..

We leave Tucson today..

So we say goodbye to the Desert Museum..

The outdoor museum…of cactus and more..Desert museum_053_thumb

Beautiful scenes around every corner..Desert museum_243_thumb

Some days we catch it just right..awesome clouds..Desert museum_244_thumb

   All of these photos were taken at the Desert MuseumDesert museum_236_thumb

The same day…Desert museum_239_thumb

winding paths..Desert museum_248_thumbDesert and mountain views

Desert museum_250_thumb

The Grasslands area..Desert museum_261_thumb

Desert museum_262_thumb

Views to the west..Desert museum_264_thumb

Ocotillo blooming after desert rainsDesert museum_293_thumb

I will miss our free members coffee and tea at the coffee bar.Desert museum_507I will miss sitting in the hummingbird aviary and feeling the hummers buzz by my head.Desert museum_344I will miss my favorite photogenic owl, with an attitude..

Desert museum_082

I will miss the scenes…Desert museum_315_thumb

of Cactus beauty..Desert museum_066_thumb

Goodbye for now…Desert museum_492

Until we meet again….

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the delete, that was me. I shouldn't try to type this early in the morning ;) What I was trying to say was that this place looks amazing and your photos are outstanding, what an incredible sky too. The
    Sonoran Desert Museum has been on my list of places to visit ever since I first heard about it a couple of years ago. I love the desert of the southwest and hope it won't be too long before I get to see this particular area for myself. Happy traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems as though you are leaving a favorite place, but you seem to have loaded up on memories while in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing us around this beautiful part of the world Dawn, I think my list of places I need to see in America has just got a little bit longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a wonderful place to visit, love the scenery and those gorgeous clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise
    Thanks Denise..I sure hope that you get to visit my favorite museum..its the best!

    DaveABirding
    yes..always bittersweet to leave an area..but fond memories here.

    Bird
    Hope you get to visit very soon.Lots to see here.

    eileeninmd
    Thanks you..it is indeed a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????