Sunday, March 07, 2010

San Rafael Grasslands, AZ

Howdee all,

Today we took a drive to the San Rafael Grasslands..

one of my favorite places for scenic beauty.

It was around 9am when we set out to the grasslands…see the sun still shining brightly in the east.San Rafael Grasslands_003

We were on a Sunday drive..looking for birdsSan Rafael Grasslands_004

  It was very windy…car door hard to open in the wind.

San Rafael Grasslands_008

   We saw flocks of Horned Lark

San Rafael Grasslands_011

   Meadowlarks..

I took no bird photos..

for one thing..they were too far away for my point and shoot.

and..it was too windy outSan Rafael Grasslands_013

So..I stayed in the car…and enjoyed the scenery..

San Rafael Grasslands_014

   popping out occasionally to take a photo

San Rafael Grasslands_016

I adore the grasslands

San Rafael Grasslands_017

We saw a Northern Harrier enjoying the wind

San Rafael Grasslands_018

we saw Vesper sparrows perched on the fence then struggling against the wind when flying

San Rafael Grasslands_019

A few birds…

and mostly…just wonderful views..San Rafael Grasslands_020

  Of stark beauty

San Rafael Grasslands_021

9 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely gorgeous scenery, that sky is such an incredible blue. Thanks for stopping by my Today's Flower's blog. I would like to invite you to share with us if you have the time. We would love to have you join us. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dawn, truly beautiful area. I love your pictures

    dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i could visit this place some day...
    really beautiful pics..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning shots Dawn....I could look at these for hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love wide open spaces like that. We will have to see that part of AZ. someday. Great shots of just nature and no man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wonderful pictures as usual. Reminds me alot of where i lived in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos! The colors are incredible, and the landscape is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Man! I have GOT to go here! So wish I could have gone with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for you comments..So sorry that it has taken me so long to respond..
    seems like that is what I am always saying...cant seem to keep up with my blog comments and with my blog reading..and as it is i stay up late hours putting a post together..

    Can I have more time in the day?

    again thanks..and thanks for putting up with my rant.

    Please do go to the grasslands..my favorite time is evening..bring a picnic dinner..wine..and a camera.

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????