Instead of spending 100 dollars plus on a digiscoping attachment Jeff decided to make his own. This is the second one he has made. My first camera(Casio Xlim) died and we could not use the old attachment with the new camera(Canon A590is). (the lenses were different sizes) So for less than 10 dollars we have a decent attachment.
All circumferences and holes were smoothed and sized using a drummel tool.
So here is how Jeff put it together..
Plastic plumbing fitting from Home Depot .the white is weather stripping to snug around scope lens
Blue is foam board is glued to a black washer which is glued to a toilet bowl washer.
Glue used was J B Kwink
An extra washer is used to make the lens of the camera to be 1mm away from the scope
Then the remaining glued washers put into the main gray plastic body on top of black washerno glue used in this step..fits snuggly Camera fits into the top This shows how the camera fits in..note the white weather stripping is coming loose ..will replace with a stronger weather stripping
its not a perfect system…you need to hold the camera steady..but it lines the camera up with the scope. We haven't used this particular set up with this camera very long. We used it with my older camera and I got some really great photos.
There will probably be a bit of tweaking to do.
Tomorrow we will test it again. At the BwBTC Birdie outing in Milford, Ct.