Monday, December 21, 2009

Calico Hike when nephew David was visiting

Howdee all,

Last week our nephew David was here with some college buddies.

We took David for a hike into Calico Basin.

Mark and Debbie led the way.calico hike w David_004

calico hike w David_005

Top of the pass Deb stops to rest
calico hike w David_006

   I cant get enough of the colorscalico hike w David_008

Some of the striped rock with the orange and yellowscalico hike w David_009

   hiking down to the washcalico hike w David_011   

In the washcalico hike w David_017

    A look behind calico hike w David_020

A close up of the Rocks in the sunshinecalico hike w David_021

  We stop in the wash to enjoy the viewscalico hike w David_022

Striped and dotted rocks surround us calico hike w David_023

   down thru a rock crevicecalico hike w David_025

   Mark shows us how its done!calico hike w David_027

   And another..David takes his turncalico hike w David_029

And the Jeffcalico hike w David_030

A view back of turtle headcalico hike w David_031

Almost home..distant views of Vegascalico hike w David_032

Vegas viewscalico hike w David_033

  Cloud peeks over beyond the wash we hiked in…calico hike w David_034

Yet another Great hike!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning photos Dawn! The landscape is beautiful.

    Wishing you and Jeff a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year 2010! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Dawn, I don't think I've seen colors this vivid in years!! That blue sky...ahhhh...absolutely stunning..and those striped rocks..so neat. what a climb, but everyone looked like they were enjoying the trek!!...such vistas!! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are AMAZING Dawn! What a beautiful place to hike. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful serie, Dawn. Happy holidays, and continued safe traveling in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like ribbon candy!

    Happy Holidays! Glad you're in internet civilization again for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs are outstanding. I'd love to steal them for some artwork but I'd have to ask permission and also no one would believe them.

    I needed to go somewhere outside my head tonight if I'm to get any sleep. So I went to Calico Canyon. Much, much obliged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MaineBirder
    Thanks John..Wishing you and Sharon a wonderful New Year..keep getting those A's

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Tina..
    Its amazing how vivid the colors are here ..sky is soo blue..on a clear day that is..Climbing is fantastic..

    Blogger Tina said...

    Gosh, Dawn, I don't think I've seen colors this vivid in years!! That blue sky...ahhhh...absolutely stunning..and those striped rocks..so neat. what a climb, but everyone looked like they were enjoying the trek!!...such vistas!! Nice!

    Jayne..Thanks..We love hiking here!
    Blogger Jayne said...

    The colors are AMAZING Dawn! What a beautiful place to hike. :c)

    Chris...Thanks Happy New year to you and your family!
    Blogger Chris Petrak said...

    Another wonderful serie, Dawn. Happy holidays, and continued safe traveling in the new year.

    @merrilee..Yeah..we call it Candy cane rock..internet at wifi cafes for now..cant wait to have a good connection while in Homey so I can check out blogs on a regular basis.
    merrilymarylee said...

    Looks like ribbon candy!

    Happy Holidays! Glad you're in internet civilization again for awhile.

    @Diane Yeah me too!!!
    Blogger diane-j-m said...
    Love those striped rocks!

    @Murr..You are welcome to steal some photos for artwork...Let me know which ones and then send me email or link to your artwork..that would be soo cool..

    Murr Brewster said...

    Your photographs are outstanding. I'd love to steal them for some artwork but I'd have to ask permission and also no one would believe them.

    I needed to go somewhere outside my head tonight if I'm to get any sleep. So I went to Calico Canyon. Much, much obliged.

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????