Monday, May 16, 2011

New River Day 4 ~A trip called~Muddlety

Howdee all

~New River Birding and Nature Festival~

Trip to Muddlety

…………………………………………………..

Foggy~misty morning..

New River Day 4_001We search for birds..

New River Day 4_004A good morning of birding Smile

The lunch stop….peaceful

New River Day 4_005British Soldier LichenNew River Day 4_007Thanks Lynne for showing this to me New River Day 4_011

Dryads Saddle~ an edible when young! ~thanks Erik for the ID!

New River Day 4_012

New River Day 4_017Beaver activity..Yikes..very sharp teeth

New River Day 4_021New River Day 4_022A highlight of this trip

We climb a steep incline to hug a tree and take photos

New River Day 4_020The biggest Tulip Popular in West Virginia~no morels underneath..just people

~Five people around~

NEWR day 4_010Another walk…

New River Day 4_025While others look at birds..I find cattails and flies

New River Day 4_027

Dried Beauty..

New River Day 4_029Butterflies around Muddlety

New River Day 4_032Pipe vine Swallowtail

New River Day 4_038Pearl Crescent New River Day 4_041

A wonderful half day trip…

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Look who arrived for evening dinner…

The very famous Chet Baker if you aren't his facebook friend you should be!

New River Day 4_043

Another great day at

The New River Birding and Nature Festival

13 comments:

  1. Hey Dawn, fun photos! A bunch of people posted photos of the British soldier lichen and I don't know how I missed it! I think the little orange butterfly at the bottom is a Pearl Crescent. It may be a different type of crescent, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys were having fun! I just went to my first bird festival, the Great Salt Lake Bird festival. It was really cool to meet Birdchick and Bill Thompson III. It's always neat to find that people you look up to are good people in person too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow your blog, and I had no idea that we were both at the New River Birding & Nature Festival together at the same! I would have loved to have met you! Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes fun photos Dawn, have you taken up "Tree Hugging" or just leaning on them.??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, Dawn! The lichen is neat looking and Chet is cute. I love the tree hugging photo. That is a big tree. I have some tulip popular in the woods next to my house. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its amazing what you can find by just on a walk, some truly impressive find and photos, nice blog you have here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth in NYC ~
    Thanks Beth for the Pearl Crescent ID..Lynne showed me the Lichen...it is near the pond on some wooden poles.

    Birding is Fun!
    so cool you got to meet them. Yeah, It is nice to meet in person. Hope you get to some more festivals!

    Gail
    Darn! I would have loved to have met you too! Next time!

    Roy
    I hug and lean..:)

    eileeninmd
    yeah..check for those Morels..yummy

    holidays in vendee
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Loved the huge tree and the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many interesting pics - love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting what you found on a birding trip. I like the last photo. Looks like the trip was a happy one. Great post and pictures - but where were the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was a good time! Love the butterfly photos, and wow... what beavers can do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful variety of nature photographs, Dawn! Looks like you had a most enjoyable adventure. Lovely butterfly images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Howdee all,
    Sorry about my lack of birdie pics...My little camera couldn't reach them.
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????