Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Gator and Black point Road birding,Florida

Howdee all,

I found this forgotten post on this rainy, overcast North Carolina Day…I have a few Florida posts waiting to be finished..and I have been lazy about blogging…

I have been walking around Sickstas garden and getting my hands dirty. I have also been searching for the illusive Morel mushroom..hope I find some soon.

I set out my feeders and have a few new arrivals, American Goldfinch and Common Grackle..today a Ruby-throated Hummingbird :) The Bluebirds are checking out the nest box…and spring has sprung..Bird Migration is happening and we are ready and waiting.

Anyway..

I want to share some clouds and birds…

~Remembering~

Merritt Island NWR

Black Point drive, Gator road_012This photo from Gator Drive, Merritt Island NWRBlack Point drive, Gator road_005We always enjoy birding this area of Florida..Black Point drive, Gator road_020Great EgretBlack Point drive, Gator road_002Black Point drive, Gator road_003Black Point drive, Gator road_004Great Blue HeronBlack Point drive, Gator road_007Belted KingfisherBlack Point drive, Gator road_015Pied-billed GrebeBlack Point drive, Gator road_024

Snowy EgretBlack Point drive, Gator road_039Black Point drive, Gator road_042

Tri-colored HeronBlack Point drive, Gator road_054AnhingaBlack Point drive, Gator road_091Green HeronBlack Point drive, Gator road_120

Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs

Merritt island Jeffs pics_002These are just a few of the many birds you will encounter in this area…Merritt island Jeffs pics_005

A wonderful place to bird!Black Point drive, Gator road_053

12 comments:

  1. Hurry up and find those morels cause I want to taste some. Also take some photos around Del's yard cause I want to see it and I know she won't take photos. Oh, and how about Del's kitchen. I want to see photos photos photos...NOW....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sicksta beachgrl~
    I hope to find some soon...I love requests..I will take some photos of her yard and kitchen mess.. soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series, Dawn. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I love the one with the Anhinga and the colorful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome collection of birds and photos, Dawn! It looks like a great place for birding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great selection of birds yet I like the images of the Great Egret best with the hypnotizing patter of the surrounding water. Enjoy the gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Green Heron & Kingfisher! Wow! Glad you're getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photographs of the birds! It's always fun to come across and follow a fellow nature blogger who shares such awesome work! Looking forward to future postings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn what beautiful skies, what beautiful birds! Excellent shots. I understand the need to take a break from blogging but we sure miss you when you are offline! You are the social network birding guru! I saw 3 new species at the bog today but no Ruby-throats yet. Guess I should get my feeders ready though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdee friends and family~ Glad you all enjoyed that forgotten Florida Post.
    I hope to be taking some photos of the birds as they migrate thru to Sickstas garden.

    Happy Spring flowers and birds to you all!

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????