Friday, January 07, 2011

Birds love Bark Butter and Zick Dough

Howdee all,

 

Whether you buy Bark Butter from your local Wild Birds Unlimited Store…or make your own…it doesn’t quite matter..because

Birds Love Bark Butter and Zick Dough!

You don’t need a suet feeder..just press the butter into the tree

Here are a few of our recent visitors to my Home made Zick Dough

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

Birds and bark butter_017Birds and bark butter_024

Chipping SparrowBirds and bark butter_029Birds and bark butter_030Pine WarblerBirds and bark butter_032

Birds and bark butter_026

Birds and bark butter_027

Downy WoodpeckerBirds Carthage_082White-breasted nuthatchBirds Carthage_086

Check out Zen Birdfeeders Post about Bark Butter…detailed instructions on how she suggests using Bark Butter.

 

My Visitors to Zick Dough and Bark Butter

Carolina Chickadee

Tufted Titmouse

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

Chipping Sparrow

American Goldfinch

White-breasted Nuthatch

Brown-headed Nuthatch

Pine Warbler

Pine Siskin

Carolina Wren

Brown Creeper

American Crow

Blue Jay

and probably a few more I am forgetting..

 Happy Birding!

Don’t forget to check out my latest post on Birdingblogs.com

Featured Bird Blogger of the Week

 

17 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get some of this stuff...or make some Zick Dough. I've not done it yet, but I see so many posts on how the birds love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birdies enjoying your bark butter. Wonderful photos. I have to check out this Zick dough. I have bought the bark butter and the birds do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely visitors you have! You have inspired me to make some Zick Dough. I can't wait to see what birds the dough attracts. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check into this Bark Butter. With the cold weather and finally melting snow the birds are emptying two feeders daily. Nice group of visitors in your images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize you could just stick it onto a tree. I must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a great way to attract some beautiful birds such as you have done here Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pine warbler is beautiful. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Bark Butter before. I've got to make some of this stuff! Looks like the birds are enjoying it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Dawnie! Thanks for spreading the word about the Bark Butter. We sometimes get accused of selling "bird crack" and Bark Butter really is good...stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent, I especially like the Sapsuckers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some bark butter sitting in my cupboard. You've definitely inspired me to put some on the trees along with the Zick Dough that's already out! Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet birds! I've always wanted to make and market my own version of Bark Butter and call it Log Jam. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collection of bark butter birds Dawn! As soon as I can get some of the unadulterated chick starter, I'm on it. Can this stuff be made into blocks for suet feeders?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Friends for your kind comments..the birds sure do love this stuff...I use both Bark butter from the Wild Birds Unlimited store and make my own.

    I haven't made Zicks improved version yet..but don't plan on feeding this to the birds for long periods of time.

    It certainly does attract the birds...I roll up a chunk in my hands to get it warm then push it into the bark.

    Larry..it can be made into blocks..depending how the consistency is..you can play around with the ingredients..I have made blocks and balls.

    Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great pictures! I wish I could get that close.. I scare all my birdies away when I open my door.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Sicksta..get some bark butter or make some...I take the pics from inside the Homey.

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????