Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Our home~ Long Pine Key Campground

Our yard for a few weeks..

Long Pine Key Campground’'

Everglades NP

P1080672

 

Most of the campsites here are too small for our 40 foot Homey..

The first day we found a campsite and we didn’t quite fit.

This is our new campsite…a better fit and we face a wooded area..

Great for armchair bird watching.

P1080673

 

In the morning we like to go for an early bird walk in the campground.

Both mornings we have been here we wake up to fog…

Which makes the spider webs look jeweled..

P1080580

 

P1080581

 

P1080675

 

This morning we walked to the campground pond..

P1080677

 

A lovely soft fog…

Do you see what I see lower left?

P1080682

 

They are everywhere..

P1080683

Late morning we decided to take a 14 mile bike ride from the park to a small pond and back.

P1080685

It was freaking HOT!

Low 80s and sunny…

P1080686

Needless to say I didn’t take the time to take many photos..

P1080687

 

P1080689

 

What a relief to get to the pond..

Jeff and I talked about whether we would rather be in the heat or the cold..

We both decided we would rather be hot....

So we endured..

P1080708

 

The pond looked so refreshing so I decided to put my feet in to cool myself off.

I didn’t see any alligator….don’t worry Mom!

P1080709

 

So…in went my feet..where I soon found myself receiving a fish pedicure..

It tickled..

P1080701

We knew we had a seven mile back to the campground…it was getting warmer.

I took no more photos..

Thank goodness it has been cooling off at night.

I plan on sending some of this heat up north soon if you all send a bit of cool down here.

3 comments:

  1. Great series. I think I would rather be hot too. Could you send some heat to Maryland.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary thinking the gators are all around.. Beautiful photos.. I have 8 inches of snow.. And I prefer hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen-hope your getting some heat ..we brought it to NC.

    Susan -you get used to the gators after a while...hope your spring is warm!

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????