Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blue~Indigo and Rose visitors

Howdee all,
I was excited last week to see the return of our Blue Grosbeak..ha I say “our” I am very possessive about these birds..ask anyone who knows me.
 
spring birds_014
 
The Grosbeak showed up a bit early.
I was then anticipating the next birds that would visit our feeders..not to mention all the others that would begin arriving to Sickstas yard that don’t come to the feeders.
 
dells_040
 
To our delight the day after the arrival of the Blue Grosbeak was the arrival of a single Indigo Bunting in the morning.
 
Bluetiful_011
 
And then more buntings…
Female Cardinal, Blue Grosbeak and three Indigo bunting
 
Bluetiful_016
 
As you can see I have been “baiting” the birds :)
 
Bluetiful_057
 
Our next new arrival waiting for its turn at the feeders
 
spring birds_016
He looks young to me…and I say that only because of the amount of Rose on his chest..anyone know?
 
spring birds_045
 
Coming in for some seed..
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
 
spring birds_059
 
Here's some of our feeder set up…I put seed between the antlers of the wooden deer. The buntings and Grosbeaks prefer tray feeders.
 
Grosbeakbuntings_010
 
Male Indigo bunting
 
Grosbeakbuntings_018
 
Needless to say I am thrilled
We are here most every year to see these birds arrive.
 
Grosbeakbuntings_023
 
Its always thrilling
 
dells_059 (1)
 
I tend to get very excited..
Ask my Sicksta…I get very animated and jumpy
 
dells_010
 
She gets that way when she talks about her plants.
 
dells_007
 
We all have been enjoying these birds.
 
spring birds_090
 
And they are not our only spring arrivals
Black and White Warbler
 
dells_018 (1)
Two days ago I jumped out of bed when I heard the Summer Tanager calling..
What an exciting time of year!
We are heading to The Biggest Week in American Birding next week for more birding fun.
Until then..Wow~What a Bonanza of bird we have here!
 
 
Adele and Craig's , Moore, US-NC
Apr 23, 2012 7:42 AM - 2:02 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:      <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.4.2
34 species (+1 other taxa)
Black Vulture 
Turkey Vulture 
Red-shouldered Hawk 
Mourning Dove 
Red-bellied Woodpecker 
Great Crested Flycatcher 
Red-eyed Vireo 
Blue Jay 
American Crow 
Carolina Chickadee 
Tufted Titmouse 
White-breasted Nuthatch 
Brown-headed Nuthatch 
Carolina Wren 
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 
Eastern Bluebird 
Gray Catbird 
Northern Mockingbird 
Brown Thrasher 
Cedar Waxwing 
Ovenbird 
Black-and-white Warbler 
Hooded Warbler 
Northern Parula 
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 
Chipping Sparrow 
White-throated Sparrow 
Summer Tanager 
Northern Cardinal 
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 
Blue Grosbeak 
Indigo Bunting  6     Five males one female
Brown-headed Cowbird 
blackbird sp. 
American Goldfinch 
This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok what do you really think?????