Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Clouds in Carthage

Last nights Clouds

1820 poem

"The Cloud"

by Percy Bysshe Shelley

Carthage_029

I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers
From the seas and the streams;

Carthage_032

I bear light shade for the leaves when laid
In their noonday dreams.

Carthage_039

From my wings are shaken the dews that waken
The sweet buds every one,

Carthage_043

When rocked to rest on their Mother's breast,
As she dances about the sun.

Carthage_052

I wield the flail of the lashing hail,
And whiten the green plains under;

Carthage_053

And then again I dissolve it in rain,
And laugh as I pass in thunder.

Carthage_059

This was a wonderful cloud and Jeff and I watched it until the sun set..

The cloud and storm front brought rain soon after…

Carthage_044The rest of The Cloud poem here

Carthage_060

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok what do you really think?????