Sunday, January 13, 2013

It was foggy so I hunted for jewels

Howdee all,

We wanted to bird..but we couldn’t see a thing..

Dense fog over Phelps Lake

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_023

Pettigrew State Park

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_037

We heard the birds,Tundra Swan and ducks, but couldn’t see them…

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_010

The ranger told us earlier that the fog never burned off yesterday..

So our hopes were not high for birding the lake..

So, what's a gal to do when she cant bird?

 

I went Gem hunting…of course!

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_035

I found some little stud earrings 

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_013with reflections of a boardwalk In them

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_020I found this lovely tiered necklace

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_068The Gems appeared to float In the air

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_067I found this gorgeous beaded necklace..

Guarded by a spider..

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_062But my favorite find was this amazing bauble

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_024It also had boardwalk reflections in it..

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_025I wanted to take this home..

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_027But I resisted the temptation..

and left the Gems to nature..

Pocosin Lakes, Lake Phelps_026

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok what do you really think?????