Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hickory Horned Devil!

Howdee all.

I am posting this using Google toolbar. dont quite know how this will turn out...but
here goes...I wanted you all to read this!

Oh my Oh my...I would love to see one of these fellers!
Click on the link below to see what I am talking about!

Julie Zickefoose on Blogspot: Hickory Horned Devil!: "- Sent using Google Toolbar"

Oh ...and I found another link with more pictures and wow..look how big the darn thing is!
Hickory Horned Devil

And if thats not enough information ..
Read this

You might also want to read this post from
Ohio Birds and Biodiversity 
They saved one of these beautiful creatures from being eaten alive by fly larvae.
"Once inside, they would commence eating it alive, cleverly avoiding the most vital of tissues, thus keeping their victim alive for as long as possible" 
YIKES!

1 comment:

  1. That is the wildest looking caterpillar to turn into such a gorgeous butterfly. Yet have to wonder about collecting the scat.

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????