Wednesday, January 07, 2009

More Hens, Limpykins and Cooling down...


Mr and Mrs Moorhen live in our yard..(tee hee)

Howdee all,
Really haven't done that much birding the past few days. We have been busy doing chores around the Homey. Washing windows and screens ..washing the outside (Jeff does that) he got off most of the remaining robin and cedar waxwing birdie berry poops from North Carolina.
I stocked up our pantry and did laundry.
Now we are ready to play!

Tomorrow we will do a little birdie walk in the morning...then go to Aunt and Uncles nearby . Uncle wants to show us a birdie place and maybe do a little fishing and shelling.
I haven't been to the beach yet...
OMG ...I best go soon!

A cold front moved in this evening brought us a little rain...and cooler air.
and I have to say ..
(don't think I am crazy all you freezing northerners.)
but..i have to say
I am glad it is getting a bit cooler..
It has been in the 80s
and I really prefer the 70s
thanks cold front!


Mr and Mrs Limpkin live in our Yard...(tee hee)


They love to eat these clam type things

We also have resident Palm Warblers and Blue gray gnat catchers..they flit around too fast for my little point and shoot camera to capture. Lots of Boat tailed Grackles, a Blue Jay that comes to my feeders, and Eurasian collared doves. And those are just the birdies in the immediate vicinity of our Homey.
Oh we added another Lifer...Monk Parakeet
There is a Pair of Monk Parakeets ....
making a
nest on our way in to the campground

Later ....
gots ta go read all of your blogs now!

12 comments:

  1. Its a good thing I am not a birder cause I could never remember all those names. It tickles me to hear you say them all though and that you can name many by just they sounds they make. Those limpkins are very sweet. I would not mind them in my front yard either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! It looks so nice there. I love the sea and beachcombing. Have fun at the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when moorhens hang out in my pond. They prefer Lake Tarpon and only show up here occasionally. It's nice here in Florida, isn't it! Even with the "cold" front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your cool wild neighbors. Now you are just showing off by wishing it were cooler out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. So much wild life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Dawn, love you guys and all, but if you are going to bring the cold weather down here with you, you may just have to go back. I was perfectly happy with the 80's!

    LOL glad yall are havin' a good time.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many birds, so little time. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't say I've ever seen a Limpkin or a Moorhen-interesting pictures of them. Sounds like those berry eaters made a mess. Last year we had a Robin that was assaulting all the vehicles at work because it didn't like where we parked our cars.-must have been near the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say I've ever seen a Limpkin or a Moorhen-interesting pictures of them. Sounds like those berry eaters made a mess. Last year we had a Robin that was assaulting all the vehicles at work because it didn't like where we parked our cars.-must have been near the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing better then having birds in your yard and those are cool ones at that. I envy the nice weather your having. Go to the beach for me will ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent photos! Enjoyed them all! Enjoy your sunshine - and if your wheels come to Michigan - you must let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Great photos! I wish I had paid attention to birds when I lived down south. But I was a kid then, so I guess I had other things to occupy me.

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????